Week 10

 Week ten is now coming to a close. This week has been mainly finishing up and double-checking the review work I have done for the contemporary action group. I have enjoyed reading the materials the group gathered. It has brought up many issues to my attention that I did not originally think of. I have shared my initial thoughts regarding the different viewpoints on confederate monuments. In my experience, people did not seem to care so much about their local history, but as I have seen with these different new articles, there are many people who care deeply and have a variety of views. 

I am reviewing all the notes and work I have done regarding this group. It is a slow process, but it's important to check a few times. Mostly I have been rechecking if all citations are in Chicago Manual format, all URLs are working, organizing the sources, checking the citations in the narrative, and rereading the narrative. For this week that had been the primary goal. 

This is all to make sure what we have is ready for the website. We have an upcoming workshop to learn more about web design and working with WordPress, which I am looking forward to. I took a web design course back in high school. I enjoyed the class but did not get to continue because of the teacher leaving the school, plus my sister is majoring in web design. While she has told me about her projects, I have never seen the professional and implementation of web design and programming. Our workshop isn't for another week, but I am excited nonetheless. I didn't expect to work on the site itself, and I am excited to learn about something so central to our daily lives. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 1

Week 12

Week 7